Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring BOE for lpr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statey603

Programmer
Nov 10, 2009
US
I am trying to set up an LPR printer [Unix Network Printer] in Central Mgmt console (BOE 4.0).
The LPR Port Montior was enabled on the Windows Server 2008 where our BOE server is installed.
I added the following in the Printer list in CMC: lpr -S servername -P printername.
When I select this printer when scheduling a report, I get [Invalid printer specified. ~cebd07c0e56deb92.rpt]
Wehn we try direct text file to this printer from Windows Server 2008 command line, it prints fine.
Doews anyone know of any particulars on how to get this to work?

Thanks

Update:
I figured this out and wanted to post my findings in case anyone else runs into this.

The printer had been configured in Windows Server 2008 as a local printer (with the printer config Port tab configured to specify the Print Server and Printer Queue). I believe configuring it this way, in essence, makes the Print Server Printer look and behave like a local printer to applications on the server. Therefore, there was no need to reference the Print Server or use lpr commands in the printer configuration in Crystal Server - CMC- Printer List. I simply added the local printer name to the Printer list, then restarted the AdaptiveJobServer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back