Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring ATM on a Catalyst 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostils

Technical User
May 4, 2002
US
Hi, I was wondering if there was anyone here that could help me configure my Catalyst 3000 to use the WS-X3006 155Mbps ATM module.

Basically what I'm trying to do is:

1.) Test the module.

2.) Make it work with my Fore Systems ATM Nic in my win2k box via LAN-E.

What I know:
------------
Catalyst Diag's detect, and link test the module as good, but down. (I don't have the SC->SC cable yet).

Win2k will detect and allow me to assign an IP to my Fore Systems ATM card. Internal pings work fine.

The Fore Systems Card wants to use AAL5.

How to configure PVC/SVC under Win2k.

CCNA level Cisco-Fu.

What I don't know:
------------------
Very much about ATM =)

If I need an ATM switch on top of the Cat3k, Fore Sys Card, and an SC->SC MMF patch cable.

How to setup ATM PVC/SVCs on the Cat3k.

If I should make the Cat3k the ATM Server or Client.

If anyone knows how to do this, I would very much appreciate if you explained these things to me =)!!!

Thanks,
-ghost[iLs]

I realy don't have an answer for you, I just recently started working with a Cisco Catalyst 3000. I'd like to ask you: I am used to working from the command line on Cisco equipment. The 3000 when I boot it, just comes up with menu driven screens. Do you know if the 3000 can be configured like other Cisco devices, using the familar command line. I don't have any documentation and the documentation on the Cisco website does not help much.

Any infor you can give will help, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back