Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Apps in a VPN Tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanohurtzGT

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2011
US
Configuring Apps in a VPN Tunnel

I have an interesting SVPN challenge that I'm asking the subject experts here to assist me in solving. Consider the following variables:

nodeA = Data Interface Node (Domain A)
nodeB = Data Buffer Server (Domain A)
AppC = Data Interface Software (Domain A)
nodeD = Data Collector Server (Domain B)

A customer in Domain A wants to transmit data to Domain B. The customers have agreed to establishing a secure vpn connection from Domain A to Domain B to transmit real time data.

The challenge comes from sending unencrypted data from nodeA to nodeB & nodeC withing an encrypted VPN tunned to node D

NodeA ..> Data -->[VPN] NodeB -> AppC ------> [Cloud] -------> nodeD [/VPN]
where VPN = CISCO VPN 5505 ASA
149xsbd.jpg

The challenge is sending non-encrypted data from NodeA to NodeB where an encrypted VPN session is active. Every time I attempt to configure the interface (AppC) the VPN session is terminated, and the interface can no longer "see" nodeD via IP mapping. An engineer recommended adding a second NIC card to NodeB thereby permitting control of the AppC even when the VPN is up and running.

My question: Can I send live non-encrypted data to NodeB data buffer, while nodeC sends data to NodeD in a VPN tunnel. If so, can I interface with AppC from outside the VPN tunnel without breaking the session. An RDP from my PC to the NodeB does not seem to work without breaking the connection. Maybe I'm missing something here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back