Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring a WRT54GP2 in bridge mode 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dluby

Programmer
Aug 2, 2003
IE
Hi,

Let me begin with I am fairly useless with regards to networks and configurations :(

I have a Motorola 4G router that has a single LAN port. I would like to configure my Linksys WRT54GP2 as a bridge to extend my available LAN ports.

I have read how to apply a custom firmware to achieve this. However each time I try this: I log into my router (with default password of 'admin'), I select the bin file to upgrade, it then loads the file and requests I login again but this time my password isn't accepted and the upgrade fails. So basically my 'admin' password gets me into the router but doesn't seem to work for a firmware upgrade!

Thanks for any assistance.

Damian

I are confused by your post. Please post the exact Motorola model you have.

Are you just trying to use your router as a switch to expand your LAN ports?? If so, you can just turn off the DHCP server on the Linksys and connect it to the Motorola and you are done. No firmware needed.

If I'm not getting it, explain it better or point us to a picture or explanation of what you're trying to accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back