Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring a web server

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamahfuz

Instructor
Nov 5, 2002
US

My PC have the Win 2000 server operation system. I use a lan connection for Internet. So, I don't have a static IP. I want to configure my PC as web server & like to run my web site from my PC is it possible & how?

Check out Deerfield's DNS2Go ( ) and
I used to use DNS2Go until they started charging; basically it's a program that you download and install on your computer and then you take DNS2Go's DNS servers and specify them to your domain so whenever someone tries to access your domain they'll get forwarded to DNS2Go, which will forward them to wherever your program is installed.

I'm not so sure how no-ip.com works but I know it does a similiar kind of thing.

To setup your Win2k server just go to Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> Add/Remove Windows Components

Then put your Win2k CD in and click add and add IIS (Internet Information Services). Once it's installed go back to control panel and then Administrative Tools and then double-click IIS. Choose "Default Web Site" and right-click it and go to properties to define where the files for the Web Site will be found. Hit OK. Then right-click it again and make sure that it's enabled. And thats it.

Hope everything works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back