Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring a TLS SIP Trunk on Avaya CM6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2012
US
Can anyone tell me which VM's on CM6.0.1 need the PKI certificates installed for a TLS SIP trunk to another telephony server? Seems logical that the certificate would need to reside only on the CM VM, and would not be needed on CDOM or DOM0. Is this correct? Or should I get and load a cert on all three?

===
Chuck Chamblee
ACSS (CM) | CTP | A+

it would only need to be the CM application that has the certificate loaded.

what issue are you seeing with TLS ? Have you reverted to TCP to isolate security?

1. I dont know about better as the two protocols do what they do , Sip obviously is the way forward and tls is encrypted at inception rather than a third source encryption so for me that is the way forward , it is also much easier to trouble shoot than H.323(in my opinion)

2.Again better or worst is a bit difficult , a direct sip trunk from cm to the cisco will work fine and you have two points of failure , Session manager would be what Avaya want you to deploy but it does add another point of failure and tbh if you dont have session manager its a lot to invest in for a simple set up , that said SM does provide you with a lot of manipulation and options ...so really you need to decide what functionality your estate needs to do now and where will it be in 2 years.

3.To get the link to the cisco working is pretty simple via sip if you are struggling post the config of your , trunk , sig , aar , route pattern , pri/pub table based on how you are routing.

see this link it connects to SM , but you basically configure the trunk the same and in the sig group you would have the cisco node name instead of SM.
APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back