Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configuring a new 3904 phone...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CiscoTech

MIS
Feb 21, 2001
US
Hi all. We are using 3904's with our Option 11 switch here. If we take one 3904 and move it from one TN to another TN, to another, the phone works fine, the buttons stay programmed (Transfer, forward, message, etc), but we just recently got Brand New 3904 phones in and now all those buttons are missing. I can not seem to figure out how to get the Transfer, Forward, Conf, Message buttons configured on these new phones. Can anyone help please?

Thank you much.

Depending on the release of software in the 3904 the buttons only show up when that feature can be used. The Keys from 17 up are default but key 16 is the MWK. No sure about the remaining keys.

Be sure to download the latest firmware to your new 3904's in LD 32. May change the way things look!

How exactly do you download the latest firmware to the phones via LD 32?

I think the command for a forced download is FDLF tn

FDLF l s c u (TN)

Takes each phone out of service for 5-8 minutes during the download.

You can query and print the firmware versions, comparing your existing and new 3904's with this command:

FWVU l s c u (TN)

Thanks for the help guys, but when I enter LD 32 on my switch, I get "NPR000" follwed by a dot. Entering FDLF or FWVU does nothing unfortunately.

the NPR000 is normal. What is the switch software release?

Good question, I'm not certain. What is the easiest way to find out the Software Release?

Be sure to enter the TN of the 3904 set you are to download after the FDLF prompt (FDLF L S C U or FDLF C(Card) U(Unit) in the Option 11). Your switch software release should be fine if existing 3904's were working trouble free.

The software release is;

VERSION 2111
RELEASE 24
ISSUE 24 +

After I type FDLF and press the space bar I immediately get NPR003 and it brings me back to the dot.

Still in LD 32; What do you get when you enter FWVU (TN)?

i think your release in to old for that prompt, i'll check my notes tomorrow at work. a rule i learned a long time ago. is the phone working? if it ain't broke, don't fix it.. and a quick question, do you know of a web page or manual that i can find that shows tandom routing in a ccm?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I thought 390x phones would't work on software older than 25.xx, or am I wrong about that???

i2007

Well, I am going to guess that since we have them operating in our environment, that statement is flawed. We have only had 3904's here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back