Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configure Windows Server 2008 R2 As SSTP VPN Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSCurtis

Programmer
May 25, 2018
US
Hi Guys,

I am attempting to configure Windows Server 2008 R2 to be used as a VPN Server. I have two computers in this scenario. The first is the computer running Server 2008 R2 and the second is my desktop PC running Windows 7 Pro. I would like to configure the first computer as a VPN Server that the second computer will then connect to and establish a secure VPN connection using SSTP. I have been attempting to follow instructions I have found online in several articles and have not had much success. I am hoping someone here can provide some assistance with this task. My IT skillset is mostly software oriented and my networking skills are limited.

These are the two primary sources of information I have been using in my efforts. They seem to indicate that what I want to do is possible but I'm not having much luck. The second article seems to indicate that it's possible to have a local CA but I can't seem to get past this.

Any help you can provide in accomplishing my goal is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back