Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configure tape device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tener

Technical User
Mar 29, 2001
US
We are using a Quantum DLT 7000. It is a seven drive device that had been just working just fine on another machine running arcserve. When placed on a new machine, the backup only goes to slot 1, not utilizing the other 6 slots. Any additional backups just overwrite slot 1. How do I configure arcserve to recognize this device and use all the slots? Thanks in advance.

Hi Tener,

From the sounds of it you may not have loaded and setup the "Tape Library Option" when it was moved to the new machine. Re-run the Arcserve setup and install the Tape library option. through this you will configure your tape drive, the cleaning slot (if used), etc. Once complete then you should be able to utilize all slots.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Darryl Brambilla
EDS Canada
Darryl Brambilla@eds.com

Hi Tener,

From the sounds of it you may not have loaded and setup the "Tape Library Option" when it was moved to the new machine. Re-run the Arcserve setup and install the Tape library option. through this you will configure your tape drive, the cleaning slot (if used), etc. Once complete then you should be able to utilize all slots.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Darryl Brambilla
EDS Canada
Darryl.Brambilla@eds.com

ARCserveIT job queue Information

Login Mode: NDS
Job Queue: CN=AQ6_FS2.OU=ARC.O=NWPG
Queue User: CN=AS_BACKUP_SERVER.OU=ARC.O=NWPG
E21029 server does not have valid job queue or queue user for product ARCserveIT
- [-14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back