Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configure Server in Jbuilder 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

priyayadav

Programmer
Jan 29, 2007
US
I have downloaded JBuilder 2005 Developer Trial Version. But I am not able to configure any server.
1. I tried using Enterprise|Configure Servers , but its all disabled
2. I tried using Properties->Server as well, there also I don't see any servers. I am new to programming, Please let me know the solution if anybody knows about it.

Thanks

What are you trying to achieve exactly? What kind of server are you trying to configure, and why?

If you are new to programming as you say, maybe playing with an enterprise model (that is, trying to build a distributed solution where remote 'components' talk to each other) is not the best place to start.

Tim

Hi Tim, Thanks for the reply.

I was trying to do a sample struts web application. There are the steps I had to follow:

To develop this application in JBuilder, you first need to create a new project.
Step1: To do this, Select File|New Project to display the Project wizard.
Step2: Select Project|Project Properties|Server to display the Server page of the Project Properties dialog box. Select the Single Server For All Services In The Project option. Choose the Tomcat 5.0 option from the drop-down list. The project is now targeted for Tomcat 5.0.

When I create a project, & go project properties,select server I do not see anything to select server. I am suppose to see two radio button in the same dialog box. So that I can choose Tomcat 5.0(Tomcat 5.0 & Tomcat 4 come in third party tools when we download jbuilder)

I also have Tomcat 5.0.28 installed before Jbuilder. My friend told me may be I can add that by Entriprise|Configure Servers. But I can not do that because Configure Servers is disabled already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back