Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configure Office 2000 for Citrix MetaFrame XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

IoN6

MIS
Dec 18, 2001
US
Well I'm back! And with a whole new problem...

First, thank you all for helping with the printer problem I brought up last. Didn't get the answer I wanted, but atleast I know that I can not do what I wanted.

The problem I have now is that we are running an application called Hyperion on our environment which uses MS Excel. We are having problems where when users log out or disconnect from their session it leaves the files open on the back end server (file server). We installed all the latest hot fixes from Citrix that is supposed to resolve a similar problem, but doesn't seem to of had any affect.

I am looking at the way we installed Office on our 3 Citrix servers, and it is WAY off from this document I found here: And both ways are totally different from how we installed it on our old 1.8 environment.

In our old 1.8 env we did a registry modification after the install that "made it compatiable". Which I am not sure if it did or not, but we are not having the same problems there that we are having on the new env.

Now to my question... How should I install Office on my Citrix servers? There are 3 servers in the farm, with one dedicated "file" server on the back end that hold all the TS profiles and HomeDirs and where all the applications store their data. Any helpful pointers or links are GREATLY appriciated.

John-

Firstly I am going to guess that with three servers you do not have Installation Manager.

You need the Termsrvr.mst file, but you will already know that.

I normally do the following.

Add remove programs and run setup with the MST file.

I install what I want remember to leave the animations out.

Once installed.

I use change user /install.

Run all the applications and make the changes I require Tools/options and stuff.

Change user /execute.

Let em at it.

Not had the problems you are experiencing.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

where does the termsrvr.mst file have to be sitting? I am having numerous problems getting the install to run, even using the MS article posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back