Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configure mail server

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamahfuz

Instructor
Nov 5, 2002
US
I use a lan connection Internet service, I don't have a static IP, my computer have the windows 2000 server operating system. Can I use my computer as a mail server.

of corse you can run a mail server on ya computer as i'm having an ADSL line as like you having an ethernet port to my server...you have to use a software to make ya server as a mail server..i suggest you to have mailgate or somthing like that...it will cost you abt 20$...

jina01@hotmail.com

You will have no problem sending mail but you will have trouble receiving it.

You could try a Dynamic IP Alias service such as (there are many others, many are free). Basically this involves you using a small client which updates their servers with your IP, and they give you a constant Variable such as YourName.dyndns.com.

I am a little fuzzy on whether this would be okay with your MX record, hopefully someone more exerienced will be able to answer that.

Thanks I tried the DynIp, Dns2go but I am not satisfied with that. I need something more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back