Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configure ICA once for workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcghee31

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2007
US
I am current running MetaFrame XPe SP3 feature release 3 with Citrix Program Neighborhood (ICA Client)v10. Is their a way to have them all ready configured with an application set? I find myself having to go to each users account and configure the settings there.

There is this APPSRV.INI file in user's profile | Application Data\ICAClient which contains the settngs.
I believe if you check that there's no userID hard coded in the file you can safely push it to each user's profile.

Please test it first.

Go here to look for detailed documentation on preparing a custom rollout of the Citrix Program Neighbourhood client:
My first choice, however, would be to implement Citrix Web Interface (WI), formerly named NFuse. This is a free software component on the Citrix PS CD (or downloadable) that gets installed on top of a web server. Users then browse to that page (from a link on the corporate intranet) and select the applications as published there. All client confiuration is then centrally controlled from the WI.

If they still need pass-through authentication, then install the Program Neighbourhood Agent client on the workstation. You will still need to modify the installation package, as there are two lines in an INI file that must be altered to allow this. The benefit is still there, however, in that parameters are from then on still centrally controlled by the WI.

eric@stepneymarsh.com
Stepney Marsh Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back