Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configure Google Talk for ISA 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBTL

MIS
Dec 17, 2003
EG
Hi,

I am not able to use Google talk in my office as i browse the net using an ISA 2004 server. Its gives an error "Could not authenticate to server" I can from home, its not a problem with password or anything as such.

Please assist

Regards,
TBTL

from google help
If you're having trouble connecting to Google Talk through your firewall or proxy, it may be because some necessary ports are blocked.

In order to connect to Google Talk and start sending IMs, you'll need to enable TCP connections to talk.google.com on port 5222, or on port 443.

If you'd like to make calls through Google Talk, you need to:
Enable UDP connections to anywhere on any port; or
Enable TCP connections to anywhere on port 443.
check if you have open this ports open i think only with the 5222 ist enough
If you dont have this port opens create a acces rule to alow trafic from internal network to externar with a custom made protocol to use in tcp port 5222

hope its helps

coco10 (sorry my english)

an update

this can be tricky to configure with a descent security but if you cant connect do it with acces rules

*Enable UDP connections to anywhere on any port; or
Enable TCP connections to anywhere on port 443.*

coco10

Hi Coco,

Thanks for the feedback, seems to work fine. Had done some changes just after my posting. Worked out now, havent thried the voice chat, but have tried at home, seems to work very well with me.

Thanks again for the feedback

TBTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back