Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configure BCM50s dialing plan for tandem call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxer25

Technical User
Sep 6, 2006
I have 2 BCM50 on a lab connect with crossover. I'm able to call from BCM A (222) to BCM B (322) and same thing reverse. My problem is my receive digit is alway on Public side but the route is setup to be private. If I remove public receive digit from target line it's ring on main set of the line. I'm using CDP, destination code 2(or 3 depend where I'm calling from) using route 001(set as private), absorb all, Bloc A(Couple of Voip Trunk available). Anybody have see this before ? Also try to have access to remote PSTN line. Do anybody have setup this before ? Any help appreciate

Thank !

Remote access packages will let you do this. Build package 1 with access to pool A (assuming thats where the PSTN trunk is) and bloca. Assign that package to your IP trunks and PSTN trunks. Build a new route on the far end defined as public pointing to your IP trunks. Set your destination code on the far system to point to that route. Add the leading digit (9 or whatever) as a routing entry in the IP trunk table. Absorb nothing. Might need to change your prefix default, or build a new prefix of 9 with a length of 8, and 91 with a length of 12.

Far as target lines, set the received digits as a destination code on the system with the trunks, point it to a route, build the received digits as target lines on the far system, assign the lines to the phone and you're done.

I read in another post that you need the MCDN keycode for that, it's true ?

Nope - MCDN is only needed for networking via SL1 PRI or if centralized voicemail is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back