Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configurator 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivancastrovillari

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
DE
Hello, how can I check if my hardware is good to install Citrix on it, do you know if exist a software who can help me?..Es: I need to install Citrix XP on Unix-Solaris with 40 client, which is the hardware "software" I need?...thank's Ivan

The most important thing is that your hardware is on the Microsoft HCL (hardware compatibility list). Because Citrix is running on a Windows NT or Windows 2000 OS that means that the OS needs to support the hardware. If your OS is stable then Citrix will be stable (let's not talk about printing).

I'm slightly confused about the question;

You cannot install MetaFrame XP on Solaris. You need to install MetaFrame 1.1 for UNIX operating systems, if you are building a Solaris MetaFrame server.

Alternatively, if you are trying to connect a Solaris client to a MetaFrame farm, then that is much simpler - any Sparc station should be able to run the ICA client - I had it running superbly on a SparcStation 10 with a 20Mhz processor and 32Mb RAM.

Simply ensure that you donwload the latest client from follow the installation instructions, and it should work.

I hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back