Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

lendro

Technical User
Oct 3, 2003
ZA
Hi i have a 8 port 10/100 switch on a local peer to peer network with six pc's. I have and ADSL 4 port router on the same network for the internet connection sharing. Currently my router have a fixed ip 192.168.0.1
and DHCP ip assigned every 24Hrs for the other pc's
My problem is before i had ip's assigned for each pc and the network access were fast and easy exccesible, now it take a long time to see the other pc's on the network as well as a long time to access. I have two network cards on the main pc. What configeration can i use so all the pc's can access the internet without any problems as well as the network connection for games, file transfers etc ?? Currently only the internet is running very smooth no hickups. The network runs fine once you are able to find the other users and got to the location of the shared files. All cables were checked and are fine.

Thanks

Some questions:
Windows I assume? XP?
-Is ICF now running on each of the PC's?
-Are your local network nodes "trusted"?
-Is the dual NIC PC running as a network Bridge between the cards?
-What is the topology?

Regards,
-/GotGig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back