Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration vs scripting variables (skillsets) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
Hi and thanks for any help..

Im trying to understand the relationship between building a skillset in config and then building it in Scripting variables. I know i set the skillset set parmamaters and thresholds in config.
If I have it built in config, why do i need it in variables or do I? Cant I just tell the script "if not out of service skillsetA then que to skillsetA (the skillset built in configuration) and if not, why wont variables let me use the same name I used in configuration when i assign the attribute?
Why is it i need two different names for one skillset?

Thanks !!

You do not need to use a variable. You can refer directly to the name of the skillset or skillsets when working in the scripting tool. If you have several skillsets you can put them in a variable to work with in a short hand form, thus the variable (set type) replaces the list of skillsets in the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back