Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

configuration tips for website's application pool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

richey1

Technical User
Oct 5, 2004
GB
Hi

I have a website running through IIS, for which I've set it in its own application pool.
The website is an asp front-end with a sql back-end - there will be a guaranteed 20 or so people on it all day (7/8 hours) and anything up to 30/40 people working on it sometime throughout the day. On 2 occasions the site seems to have gone down (an iisreset /restart) has done the trick, our suppliers of the application they are aware of a possible ! memory leak - every night i now run an iisreset /resatrt, but can anyone recommend tweaks on my application pool settings, considering the above info (I have just taken the defaults for now.)

thanks
Cath

Yes, I had many similar problems before, and after reading all I could about it, I reached a good compromise, the pools are recycled more often when a certain ammount of memory is used.

Note that my server has 1GB of memory and it did the trick for me, it can go months on end now and no more stop responding IIS.

I say months on end, because I have another problem with my connection, nothing to do with IIS, I'm guessing if it wasn't for this other problem, my IIS which serves many domains could go on a long long time.

thanks

thats how i have set it - up - seems ok now........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back