Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration problem with Legend R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottEPW

MIS
Feb 7, 2003
US
I am having difficulty with two Dual Analog line phones that are attached to my companies Legend R6 phone system.

The two Dual Analog line phones are attached to 2 DID lines running through an 016 T/R card. DID line 1 is routed to the first port and DID line 2 is routed to the second port on the two Dual Analog line phones. Each phone can send and receive phone calls on either DID line.

When both DID lines are in use, any additional calls to these DID lines are not given a Busy signal. When this happens, the caller just hears a typical ring. Even if the other lines become available, the caller (that did not receive a Busy signal) will still hear ringing and the two Dual Analog line phones will not ring.

Anybody have an ideas of what could be causing this and a any suggestions to fix it?
Scott

This sounds like a problem with your DIAL TONE PROVIDER.

Ask them to test it AHEAD OF YOUR SYSTEM and see if they get a BUSY or NOT, under the conditions you describe !

I must also ask, WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION of D-I-D.

Is this a DEDICATED T&R Phone Line or what?

Go into centralized telephone for those two analog extensions and remove all but the one SA button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back