Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottsdale2k

Programmer
May 31, 2004
US
I tried to change value of a particular property of Configuraton manager by directly editing the saved ccs file. Afterwards, this file was opened from Configuration manager and the changed value was visible and I did a validate and apply successfully with out any issue. Now, when I try to do open current configuration this value is gone back to default value.

The property which I am trying to change is a read-only value and is being computed automatically by the configuration manager. I have changed the read-only value to false and hard coded the value directly in the property field and disabled automatic computation.

I want to understand where and how the Open current configuration manager in Cognos works. Does it store this value temporarily in some place??

Any idea??

Thanks,
Magesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back