Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration Manager bug or AD extra configuration ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicardoPereira

Programmer
Jun 3, 2003
PT
Do i need to do any extra configuration to the Windows 2003 active directory for the configuration manager integration?

Assuming IWR/PPES and not CRN, you do need to enable anonymous access on the 2003 ADS operations master. I don't know the specifics for CRN.

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ401-2487 first!

The solution is open a big hole in my network to put the cognos working ?
No thanks :)

I'll use the Sun Directory Server.

Thanks anyway

Guys,

one question, is there anything lik ethis that needs to be done for windows 2000? and might this resolve the issue that we cannot add any users though access manager

For ReportNet, nothing needs to be done to the AD environment. ReportNet, if using the AD provider, will connect using the Kerberos protocol, same as when you log into Windows. For the BI and Planning products, the dsheuristics setting must be set to 0000002. This is basically to allow anonymous connections ... it makes 2003 the SAME as AD 2000 was as far as anonymous connections.
Nothing needs to be done in 2000 to make the BI products work. If you can't add users, you may want to see that the baseDN is NOT at the root of the domain.

If you're domain is dc=domain,dc=com, then make sure that your baseDN in Configuration Manager is NOT set to dc=domain,dc=com. Try using o=Cognos,dc=domain,dc=com. The reason for this is that there is a Users folder that is at the root of the domain in AD by default. Cognos tries to create a users folder (different object type than the default Users folder) under the baseDN. So if it points to the baseDN, the users folder does not get created that Cognos needs ... hence the users will not be able to be created.

Dear Flex 13

Thank you so so so so so much! It solved our problem. We have been struggling with this for ages now. I think I even know the documentation by heart! I am eternally greatful.

Once again

Thank you

Wayne Tuck
Project Manager
HECC Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back