Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration File Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHY

Programmer
Dec 8, 1998
US
I believe my SNA Server's domain config file has become corrupt and I'm having all kinds of problems running the MMC and or the SNA Manager. I did get to a point where I switched the Primary server to a Backup server. MMC runs now but I receive this message "Unable to obtain a write lock on the config file." when trying to make any changes.

I really need some HELP if someone knows how to fix this. I can't do any type of add/changes now. I need to add on printers.

I can't tell from your description if you think you have a Windows domain security problem of some sort, or an HIS 2000 problem.

Can your HIS Clients connect, even though you can't run SNA Manager (that can happen).

Okay, first off are you using the same service account for each server to start and run snabase and snaprint. Try this... at the run command of the backup server type \\{servername} for the primary server. The shared folders should be displayed. Can you open and read the com.cfg folder and can you write a file or copy a file to that folder. If not you have a security issue. I can email you a document that we used to fix this problem if you want. But basically only one server owns that com.cfg file and it is the primary. The account used by the backup must have full access to this file. If it is corrupted then you need to follow a couple of steps to fix this. There may be a q article. I have had this problem before. In the meantime before you do anything else. Copy the com.cfg from the primary to a backup location somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back