Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration Error - for jet db on server -

Status
Not open for further replies.

treviboy

Programmer
Dec 18, 2006
US
hi,
I changed my connectionstrings in my web.config file and I have some problems I hope you can help me with. I get lots of errors :" Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I have no idea how to fix this. This is what I have in my config file, and what follows is the error message.
<!--
<configuration xmlns="<appSettings/>
<connectionStrings>
<add name ="subConnectionString"
connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\ServeDB\is\personnel\testFE.mdb" providerName="System.Data.OleDb"/>
</connectionStrings>
"ServeDB" is the name of the server"
What am I doing wrong?

Error Messages:

Line 625: private void InitConnection() {
Line 626: this._connection = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection();
Line 627: this._connection.ConnectionString = System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["TEST"].ConnectionString;
Line 628: }

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back