Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration Cut and paste problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyNet

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2002
US
When cutting and pasting large configurations into a 6513. Intermittantly the first character of a command is dropped. It appears to be a flow control type problem. I have tried using both hardware and software flow control on the PC. I've used both Procom and Reflections software. How can I correct this problem?

Whenever I do Hyperterminal, I do NO flow control. You could try that.

Also, lets say you are in interface config mode and you enter a global command, the switch will recognize this (sometimes) and end interface mode to copy the global command. If this is happening too fast, then the it is possible to lose the first letter of the command. When I write config scripts, I always exit the different modes when I need to before I enter the commands.

Just a thought. Sorry if it isnt the solution.
shnypr-small.gif

I was running into this problem on some lower end switches as it got towards the end of the file. When using Secure CRT you can add line send delays, and character send delays. I fiddled around with these and got it to work consistantly. It depends on the speed of the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back