Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuration AP1120

Status
Not open for further replies.

veilleurj

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2012
FR
Hello,

I m in internship in telecom Corporation, and i m discovering telecoms technologies.
I m holding a problem that is the following :
i want to configure 2 gigaset wireless phones with the same numbers on a AP1120, i wanted to know if it's possible to put the same conf on the 2 phones ports ? how the box is handling that ?
|---Switch
|
AP1120
|______ number 1111
|______ number 1111

Thanks ;)

Since HiPath 4000 V3 you can have up to 5 SIP SUBSCRIBER devices with the same station number. All 5 SIP SUBSCRIBER devices can all be registered simultaneously. Therefore if your AP1120 is SIP-based, your idea might work. Mediatrix may have designed their software to disallow duplicate station numbers. But if the AP1120 is HFA-based, it will not work. Please update the forum members if you make any new discoveries.

The AP1120 i have is SIP based, but in fact, i didn't need to configure the 2 ports with the same number as the phones i wanted to connect were in fact twin gigaset phone, with 1 base with connection and the second base was just for charging but linked to the first. i will give u news if one of the other sites i m configuring need this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back