Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Config PIX to protect my Domino mail server and act as a VPN gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdentff

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
CA

I've been given the task of setting up a Cisco PIX 506E to cover my Domino email server, and act as a VPN gateway. Unfortunately, I'm quite new to Cisco, and I have a REALLY compressed timeline, so I can't read the 1/2 dozen books sitting in from of me.

General layout:
PIX would have public IP, that would be used to connect to the Domino server over SMTP & via remote Lotus Notes clients using Domino/Notes port (TCP 1352) via web-mail, port 80 and 443 We won't be using POP or IMAP.
Also on this IP, remote clients could access our network via the VPN. Not exactly sure what software the clients would run at their end. I'll probably just use what comes from Cisco. Probably no more that a dozen clients to connect. I have administrative access to all clients. Some clients may have to connect thru non-Cisco firewalls (IPcop boxes), or other firewalls.

REALLY new to Cisco, so any help would be great.

Don't have any config to work from, so I'm starting clean. I need to have everything pretty tight and secure.

Thanks,

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important.~B.Russell~
/.Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back