Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Config Notes Shortel to Nortel 61C/81C

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxuser

Technical User
Apr 6, 2006
US
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on configuration notes for connecting a Shortel system to a Nortel PBX? My customer has requested this from their ShoreTel vendor to no avail.
Thank you.

I could only find integration to Meridian 1. Are you sure the Nortel PBX can do PRI integration?

Meridian 1 is Nortel PBX. What I am looking for is why l/d auth codes are not working from the ShoreTel sets. I have my PRI set up exactly like the one to the customer's ASCOM server and the ASCOM users do not have a problem.

Are local calls working? Is the provider controlling the auth code or the Nortel? If you send me your email address I can send you the Meridian 1 guide.

I managed to get AN10263 but it has not been as helpful as I had hoped. Do you have any different docs?

Thank you for your time. I am going to site next week so maybe can figure out something with customer. Local and l/d calls work fine but customer wants users to have to put in l/d auth codes like they do on the Ascom sets. Nortel does prompt with tone but ShoreTel either does not recognize it or flakes out and doesn't recognize so we had to bump up NCOS on trunks to allow l/d calls to go out with no codes.
PRI is set up as TIE with ESS5 interface.

I setup a Nortel/Shoretel link via QSIG T1 and had no issues with any call processing features. The Nortel is where the trunks were located for PSTN access though. If the Shoretel system is where the trunks to the PSTN are located then you may have to modify the site or trunk group settings to get it to allow for the auth codes.

I have had some minor issues with the call routing and dialing plan settings in the Shoretel system. Shoretel does not give you the level of control you normally see in a PBX system.

Thank you, atascoman, I may have to change to QSIG in order to get the auth codes to work but I believe they have another site that is operating correctly. I control the Nortel side and customer's Shortel vendor is 4 hours away. I'll be there on Wed. to do more testing.

atascoman, my trunks are on Nortel. Are you successfully using auth codes? Cust. is stating that when they put the PRI on the ShoreTel side into the cls of svc to make you key in a LDAC that long distance stops working. Any thoughts?

Yes, they were using Auth codes. Honestly, I didn't even setup anything special on the Shoretel when I setup the QSIG link. I had to play around with the 7 digial and 1+10D stuff a little so it would send enough digits.

I think as long as the carrier sees the 1 in the dial string it will prompt for an Auth code.

Were the auth codes from the carrier or out of the Nortel? Mine are from the Nortel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back