Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.config files in compact framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwunz

Programmer
May 4, 2001
US
I'm developing an application for a Pocket PC Handheld computer. I would like to include path settings and such in a .config file...however, System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings is not available.
Has anyone done something like this? Any hints will be appreciated!!

don:)

.config files are nothing more than XML files. You can load them into a DOM using the System.XML namespace and read/write them.

Chip H.

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

I looked at that option...I was hoping there might be something similar to the INI files and getprivateprofilestring function of the earlier versions of VB. I suppose I could use the method you suggested, or stick to the INI file format and parse it into a collection if there aren't any new functions to replace the original. It's just disappointing that they chose to strip the appsettings capabilities from the compact framework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back