Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Config Definity to Pass Caller ID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePa

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
My apologies for not being more hands on with the Definity. Can someone tell me where in the Definity configuration I would go to configure the caller ID for outbound calls? Since we only use this PBX for administration, I would like to pass the DID number out for caller ID. I am assumming if my exchange is 555 - 666 all I would need to do is set the configuration to pulse out the exchange 555-666-XXXX. Where xxxx is each device's extension.

I have a Definity G3 version 8 and all trunks are PRIs.

Thanks

On the trunk group form set the Send Calling Number field to 'y'. Then 'change isdn-pri public-unknown numbering'. Define the lead digit and the extension length (4). Enter the prefix digits 555666 and the total length of '10'.

Kevin

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I do not see those fields on the trunk group form. Maybe I have a lesser version. I see:

ACA Assignment? n Measured: none
Internal Alert? n MaintenanceTest? y
Data Restrictions?n
Glare Handling: none
Used for DCS? n
Suppress # Outpulsing? n
Seize When Maintenance Busy: neither-end

Incoming Tone (DTMF) ANI:no Per Call CPN Blocking Code:
Connected to CO? n Per Call CPn Unblocking Code:

Thanks for your assistance.

No, you don't have lesser version - trunk you have displayed isn't PRI trunk :) Please display first page of 'disp tr'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back