Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Config defaulted but not all???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog1175

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2007
US
Anyone have this happen on IPO 406v2 3.2(69) I went to File -> Advanced -> Reboot and when the IPO came backup the Administrator password was defaulted All configs were erased except extension and user. 0 shortcodes, 0 incoming, 0 hunt groups, 0 license, 1 ip route. What caused \ could have caused this?

Are you sure you did not click on erase configuration ???
You won't be the first one :)

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

I'm positive the IP address, line configs, users, and extn did NOT erase\default. I have since erased the config and manually retyped all the configs because I didn't want to chance loading a bad backup config.

I have seen this happening but i have no idea why.
If it does happen more and more then i think you need to replace the unit.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

I have seen this happen. a bunch of times. thought i was losing my mind. I never use the File>advanced>reboot anymore on 3.2. I would make a line change and then change it back so the system thinks it needs a reboot.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

seen this on a 406 on 3.2, think it was an earlier version than (69) but it happened exactly the same way. I blew in a backup and it was ok for a little while but it did come back.

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back