Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Config / Boot Register 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanDykI

Technical User
Mar 16, 2003
ZA
Hi,

I have changed my boot register on a 1750 router to: 0x2161 by mistake, now when the router boots, and I connect to it via console, I just get garbage coming back to me?

How can I resolve this?

Change the speed of your terminal emulator, would suggest 115200. If I have done my math right (doing it in my head so I could be wrong..probably am) that is what should work for you. If it doesn't suggest changing speeds until you see good information.

go to maintanance mode by pressing ctrl+break and change confreg to 0x2102 and reset it,hopw it will boot normally using your nvram file.

Hi,

Thanks for that, I also thought of that, and still after trying all the speeds can not get a good connection out of it, they all show garbage, do you have a document of exactly what the config registers are - i.e what exactly does 0x2161 do?

Ian

Hi,

My mistake, I did find the correct speed at 19200 - thanks for the help!

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back