Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conferencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seun

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2003
NG

Hi All,

Can anyone advise on the best approach to setting up conferencing for a party of 30 users(i.e. best hardware, if extra is required.. et al).

Tanx

hi,
Find more info about IP Office (Avaya) ...
Up to 60 conference members.

If this is something that you would need to do regularly I would look at adding this capability in your switch. (IP Office, after market conferencing products) In our case, we seldom need more than the system restrictions of 5 so we would use an off-premises provider. (AT&T or web conferencing) to provide this service from time to time.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

It's going to be needed regularly and unfortunately we do not have off-premises providers in this parts.

Deploying Ip Office is not feasible at this time but I've been looking at the multipoint conferencing unit; what do you thnk about it?

The off-premises providers have 1-800 numbers that these conferencing calls can be placed through. Your users would dial 1-800-xxx-xxxx and be placed on a conferencing bridge with the other callers. This may work for you until you can come up with another solution. As for an after market vendor products that would work with your system, I would do a search here first and then the web. I am sure you could find something that would work well.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back