Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference with delayed OGM message

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyzevs

Systems Engineer
Feb 2, 2023
RU
There is a conference group. It is necessary to make the notification a delayed OGM message, and by the code *32*1(group number)(OGM)(repetitions) everything works, for example, like *32*10158641 for me. But I can't go to an outside line to call my mobile phone, 9xxxxxxxxxxx doesn't work for sure.
1_v3yu8d.jpg
2_orsurc.jpg
3_q6jpda.jpg

OGM Broadcasting feature through Conference-GRP differ than Conference-GRP call feature.

Available destination for OGM Broadcasting are at the slide below.

OGB_Broadcasting_Dest_ylmmea.jpg

Ired said:
OGM Broadcasting feature through Conference-GRP differ than Conference-GRP call feature.

I did exactly the same way. I wrote the code above *32*10158641. And it works great. I just don't understand how to notify external phones, mobile phones. Redirection doesn't work from internal either.

Ired said:

That's the specification.
There are several reasons why the manufacturer's marketing move.
If you want an OGM alert to your cell phone, install Mobile Softphone.
If you need a remote office alert, purchase KX-NTV.

Mike_K said:
That's the specification.
There are several reasons why the manufacturer's marketing move.
If you want an OGM alert to your cell phone, install Mobile Softphone.
If you need a remote office alert, purchase KX-NTV.

The option of notification through a mobile softphone was certainly considered, but no one wants to install separate programs for mobile phones here. And the Internet channel is not good everywhere, the mobile network works better. Isn't there a clever way to get to an outside line from this notification? very sad (

You can use Ext-CO loop, Virtual PS and FWD to outside feature to notify an outside destination.

But you need to have some free Ext and CO (analog or SIP) resources.

Ired said:
You can use Ext-CO loop, Virtual PS and FWD to outside feature to notify an outside destination.

But you need to have some free Ext and CO (analog or SIP) resources.

I definitely have free Ext and CO, but I didn’t quite understand where to start, I don’t have much knowledge on panasonic PBX (If you help with screenshots, I will be very grateful!

Here is the solution for a single outside destination.
1) E.g. you have free analog CO-6 and free analog Ext. 116 ports. Connect them physically by cable.
2) (Menu 1.Configuration-1.Port -> LCOT-card -> Port property) change the status of CO-6 line from "OUS" to "INS"
3) (Menu 10-1) Set an individual Trunk Group No (e.g. 20) for CO-6. Remember Trunk Group numbers of a really connected CO-lines.
4) (Menu 1-2) Create a Portable Station (PS) Ext.No. 200. You need not to register PS to that Ext. It'll be just a virtual Ext.No.
5) (Menu 2-7-1) Create a special Class of Service (COS) for that PS (e.g. COS 20). Set TRS level 1 for that COS ("TRS" tab). Enable "FWD to CO" for that COS ("CO&SMDR" tab).
6) (Menu 2-7-2) Make sure that Trunk Group numbers of a really connected CO-lines are NOT blocked for COS 20. Then block Trunk Group 20 for ALL Classes of Service (including COS 20)
7) (Menu 4-2-1) Set COS 20 for your Virtual PS Ext.200
8) (Menu 4-2-2) Enable "FWD-All" feature for Ext.200 and set your mobile number as FWD-destination number (DO NOT forget CO-line access code - 0 or 9 by default)
9) (Menu 10-2) Set Ext. 200 as a DIL-destination for incoming calls from CO-6
10) (Menu 3-9) Set Ext. 116 as a member of your Conference Group

Voila.

Ired said:

1) Apparently I misled you, (and sorry for my English) but we do not have analog lines, but sip trunk from the provider. 30 free sip lines. And about 50 rooms.
2-3) I went to the properties of V-SIPGW16 and made a separate line 30, and a separate number.
4) Created number 1147 without registration
5) Done
6) I did and checked that other lines are not really used.
7) done
8) Did. BUT here is the main problem. In fact, we returned to the same FWD that does not work in the conference (Yes, calls go directly, and they definitely come from this line.
9) Did
10) Here I did not understand what it means to set Ext. 116 as a conference member. After all, in theory you need Wirth number 200 (mine is 1147)
3_nnwlqe.jpg
2_biy7tr.jpg
5_pv98yn.jpg
4_cf8i2g.jpg
7_skwoug.jpg
6_batwm3.jpg
8_dp4mtr.jpg
9_aivlsp.jpg
10_pvs89i.jpg
1_ofzmg7.jpg

Well, You MUST NOT to set your Virtual PS as a member of Conf.Group - it will not work.
You should use a legal Ext in this Group, such as SIP-ext.
Then create a SIP-trunk and register it on your own PBX with the username (Ext No) and password of this SIP-Ext.
After that just set your Virtual PS as a DIL-destination for this SIP-trunk.

I haven't tested the performance of this scheme, but it's worth a try.

I've tested this function. It works according with the specification strictly.

Analog Ext is unavailable. External destination via Ext-CO loop will be unavailable too. The reason is that it doesn't place a call to broadcasting destination - it switches on the speaker of the destination phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back