Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashull

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2005
US
I have a 0x32 with about 20 pots trunks.
The customer wants to accept a call and then dial out in another line and make it an unsupervised conference (basically be an operator). There are 2 ways to do this that I know of..
1. on the M7310 answer the line press transfer on the soft key and then select a new line and dial then press join on the soft key.
2. on any phone answer the line put them on hold make another call then press feature 3 press held line then feature 70 to make it private.

The first way works but this will only work if you have a phone with soft keys. So I want the second way to also work but heres what happens I go through every step and I am in the conference call I press feature 70 and it says denied.

I have run through most of the extension specific settings and it seems there is nothing changes plus it seems to effect every phone on the system as well as every line. So my question, is there a system configuration to deny this??

Are your POTS Centrex? If so, you've a simpler, more efficient way to handle this.

Use Link (Feature 71)

If I read your description correctly, step 1 is actually a call transfer to an outside line, while step two is a conference call.
On your 7208 and 7201 sets, why don't you simply use Feature 70 and transfer the call to the outside line instead of trying to do an unsupervised conference call.

Your number 1 method is fine but for number two you are actually confusing two different things.. Feature 3 is the conference feature. If you use feature 3 and get two other callers on the line, then you hang up, those two parties will still be on together (it will say "call transferred").

Feature 70 does the exact same thing as hitting the "transfer" softkey. Press Feature 70 while on the call, make the second call, and hang up to connect them.

Additionally as RikRodgers pointed out, if you have Centrex service from the Telco, you should be able to use Feature 71 (link) then dial the desired number and hang up. This will keep your lines free since it is connected at the Telco.

CallLuke has a point about the Centrex, it will not tie-up the two lines in your system because the call now resides at the CO.

Alright I didnt know you could do feature 70 and connect 2 POTS lines together without soft keys. You just transfer hit the second call on hold and hang up.

Back to my previous question just so I know, why is it denying the unsupervised conference?? It works fine on my KSU.

You have to have 'reliable disconnect' enabled, or have trunk modules that have disconnect supervision. If the system knows that it can't supervise the trunks, it won't allow you to 'drop off'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back