Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference/Transfer low volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgouty

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2002
US
With either the conference or the transfer feature we are experiencing issues with the outside lines and low volume.

If we try to conference two lines together often the people on either outside line can not hear one another. As well, we were trying to use the automatic transfer feature and we get low volume on that as well when two outside lines are tied together.

We have a Nortel Norstar + Compact ICS with a CID trunk.

This is a known issue with the older C.O. cards, ask your vendor for GLOBAL CII 4x0 cards as they have the fix for volume. ~Will Nortel soon be NoTel??~

Thanks for the reply... Let me make shure that I have this straight...

Is this something that we should be able to get a Nortel Dealer to replace no charge(a bug/warrenty issue)? Is this a swap out of the CID trunk card? If it is a swap of the trunk card will it need reprogramming?

We have been thinking of adding a second CID trunk card, I don't suppose that this will take care of the problem. Perhaps though it might work right for the lines on the new CID card though right?

BTW We have had this system for at least three years and we have had this problem from day one. We were not too happy with the original vendor and don't have a current vendor.

Thanks again...

Doug

Sorry but Nortel will not warranty the older series 4x0's as they did work but with low volume as most other systems had the same problem, they mearly made a better product for you to now purchase.Swapping out will not resolve the problem so make sure you get at least one GLOBAL card, if you have say 8 lines then put it as the 2nd card for lines 5-8 as these are more likely the lines you will dial out from.
~Will Nortel soon be NoTel??~

Thanks, I think that I have found it NT7B75AAAC. It was a bear to find though, it took three tries before we could find a vendor that knew about it.

From the previous post I infer that a mixed combination of old and new trunk cards will work as long as we use a line from the second card as the destination of the transfer.

I think that due to the cost of the card we will be replacing the existing card NT5B42GB with the new until we desperately need the lines and can afford to install some more and then put the old back.

Thanks again... I really appreciate the help.

Just to follow up with an update here.
We tested both the old cards and the new card listed above NT7B75AAAC and found no difference whatsoever in the quality of the volume on a conference call. It was generally pretty bad with either card.

Just to let you know....... MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com
If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

Ya just have to live with it...is what Nortel is saying. darnold@americaii.com

You could have the co lines changed to centrex and use the centrex conference feature with the link feature(F71), this would solve your transmission problem.also you could program your trunks to (long co) that is in loss pkg in line programming this could increase transmission somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back