Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronromano

Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
US
I am trying to install this on a windows 2003 server. This server's only purpose is Conference Center at this time. The IPO is 4.0.7 and conference software is 3.2.9. The software and MSDE seem to be installed properly. When I try to access I get error 403 forbidden.

Obviously I have screwed up and would appreciate some help.

Thanks

Do you get this message on the server or on a client pc?
It is a security setting in IIS which blocks access to the web content.

Ok I originaly was getting the 403 error. I have been playing around with it and now I am getting 404-file or directory not found. This is when trying to access from the 2003 server via
both the MSDE and conference services are running.

When I check the Conference install under add remove programs it says its .47 MB is that correct? I would expect it to be much bigger.

i am now running into the same problem as ronromano. has any got any ideas???

Try this

Verify that there is an .aspx extension listed in IIS Manager. IIS Manager can be accessed as follows:

Right-click on the default web site.

Select Properties.

Click Home Directory.

Click Configuration. The .aspx entry should be listed.

If not, it is likely that .NET 1.1 was installed prior to the installation of IIS. In this case, all of the system updates required have not been carried out.

To re-install .NET 1.1:

Remove .NET 1.1.

Start installing Conference Server again, so that .NET is installed from the Conferencing Center CD.

When prompted to install the Conference Server, press Cancel.

Re-boot the server and check that the ASPNET user is present.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Here is something from the knowledgebase that has gotten me before. This is fro the IIS config. Maybe you need to do this.
To configure IIS:

Click the Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.

Double click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.

Select PCName (local computer).

Double click Application Pools.

Select DefaultAppPool, right click and select Properties.

Select Identity tab.

Select the drop down box and set to Local System.

Select OK.

Microsoft Internet Explorer Configuration
If you are using a proxy server the following configuration is required.

From an Internet Explorer window, select Tools.

Select Internet Options.

Select Connections tab.

Select LAN Settings.

Check Bypass proxy server for local addresses.

Click OK.

Have you got ASP on the machine?

Are both services started?

When you get the error, what happens if you hit refresh?

ok, i tried what kwing said and that had no effect.

what are the two services? I figure that the ECS Conference Service is one of them and yes that one is running.

I am getting HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS), which says there is something wrong with IIS, but i looked at the directories and they all look ok???

When you get the error, hit refresh, what happens then.

Is this on 2003 server R2 service pack 2? I am having issues with CCC and it is unsupported.

it is 2003 sp2.

IIS and ASP .Net are running. Right now, these are running under the local account, should i change this?

Nothing happens when i hit refresh.

i dont know about the R2 part??? It just tells me Server 2003 Service Pack 2... nothing about a release 2

I am not sure at this point i have put a few conference centers in and they have always just worked. My touble shooting is limited on it. I am sure someone has it running on SP2. I think that there are issues with SP2. I can not get CCC to work correctly on it. The remote users cant connect to it. I never had to change the logon for those services so i dont think thats the issue. Try making them logon with administrator. At this point it cant hurt to try and put back if no effect.

i did try changing the IIS service, but that was a mistake. Once you change it to something other than local, the service wont restart, but once you put it back to local, it comes right back up. well, thanks for your help this morning.

I had forgotten I posted this, been busy with other stuff. The day I posted, I got avaya on the phone and was told that my 2003 server was SP2 was not supported and that this was the reason for my trouble. I haven't had a chance to downgrade and try again but I don't think I will any time soon.

I have all the settings you guys posted here, they are right out of the docs. If you are having this problem, see if you have SP2

Would it be possible to remove service pack 2? We have had alot of issues with it. What gets me is our distibutor sells them to us with SP2 on it then they tells us they wont support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back