Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference Calls Beep 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dphone

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2003
US
How do I turn on and off the Beep that sounds every ten on so seconds when making conference calls on 2616?

Set switch 4 on conference to on to disable warning tones.

Hello,

You can't set it off but you can set the volume to zero ;-).

You can do that in the FTC table. For the wright prompt i advice you to read the NTP carrefully!

Regards.

Hi,

Please note that it could be illegal to turn off the conf. warning tone (In my country, the Netherlands, it is)

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Can you explain a little more? I would like to turn off this tone also, and have read the FTC section, and I still do not understand how I would turn this down. Can anyone help?

you do not have to have a conf warning tone in the states. in older virgins (?) the switch on the conf card was the only was place to turn it off. i turn it off in ld 56
ring=no
hcct=yes
cfwt=no
then down to cfwt
xton=0
xcad=0
that makes the tone and cadence for warning tone = silence. it will not take effect until after midnight routines. if your going for the s1 on the conf card, be sure to disable them 1st. or just turn the switch off because it's going down anyway

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I do not see cfwt as a FTC.

Sorry, I am still learning, can you explain?

you only get the prompt after the gate openers and then ony if it's not default. what is your switch release?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

we are on the same release, look at the opt under software feature guide 1 0f 3. very clean way to disable a worthless feature

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ok, my desk is covered in books now, and I cannot do what it shows in the feature book. On page 607 it says I can turn it off, but I do not have that option.

What would happen if I set the p10p, s10p, and 20pp to 0 in load 97 under xctp?

The problem I had was that some of the calls had the tone and some didn't. I found out that one of the cards the switch 4 was not on( disabled). When I turned it on the problem cleared up.

Does anyone else have any input on this? I would rather not have to take my system down to turn off this beep. Can I change the switch setting 4 with the card still in the cabinet?

no and you don't have to take it down just soft down your conf tds in load 38

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ok, so I dsbl the card in ld 38. I then pull out the card, reverse the position of whatever switch 4 is in, and then put the card back in. Then re-enable the card and take down the second card and do the same, correct?

yep.. it is switch 1 pos 4 and the only switch on the card, with the face plate in your right hand, you will see the dip switches at about the 3 oclock position. one conf at a time or people can't xfer.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back