Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference call via programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

phgirl

IS-IT--Management
Sep 9, 2003
US
A Supervisor here wants to have a "call" with all his managers. First thought was to utilize the Conf feature but I have been told that my predecessor programmed this function in the past all via the press of ONE button. 'Definity' is new to me - how did he do it or did he really?

Probably it was not the 'conference' function used, but the 'term-ext-group'.
This causes a maximum of 4 sets to ring simultaniously.
You can program the extension of the group under an 'autodial' button.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Or perhaps a Group-Page? This would allow him to make an announcement (via speakerphone) for up to 32 digital sets, but would not allow for any back-and-forth conversations (maybe that's a good thing?).

Susan
[sup]Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live. - Mark Twain[/sup]

Thank you for the responses. Had thought of the Group-Page which would have worked perfectly with the exception of needing the participation
happy.gif
The term-x-group may be what I go with here, limited though eh? Thanks again!

How about an x-station, with a bridged appearance on each of the managers' phones. Then the supervisor just needs an autodial (or a busy indicator?) to ring that extension on each phone. Each manager just pushes the button to pick it up.

Does anyone know how many people can bridge onto the same call? (I think it's the same number that can conference, but I have not tested it.)

If you need more details, just let us know. I tested it with 1 phone calling to 2.

Thanks again for all the responses - what I ended up doing was creating a Grp:Intercom for each division the Supervisor wanted to call. (There will be a total of (5) on each call so the term-x-group wasn't large enough from the manual.) I assigned an auto-dial button for the group and the Supervisor has to conference 1,2,3, etc. saving a few steps off the 4-digit x. If one does not answer he can then simply drop them or conf/dial the 4-dig x that they may be at currently within the plant to continue the meeting. He seems to like it as he can quickly speak privately with each before conf them into the group but keeping everyone else on hold and at his disposal. He can also use the function throughout the day without the conf feature for almost 1-touch dialing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back