Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference brigde help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casta

Technical User
Feb 12, 2002
FR
Hello,

I'm a young Call Manager "administrator". In fact, I just finish the last year of my engineer school in Paris. Now, I work in a company and I must test and develop Ip voice solution to purpose it to our customers.

I have in my disposition :
- Ip phone 7960 - 7940 - 7935 - 7910
- A Call Manager
- 2 gateways

I’m looking for the configuration to make conference.
I have :
- a Meet Me Number / Pattern
- Cisco Conference Bridge Hardware
- Cisco Conference Bridge Software
- Cisco IOS Conference Bridge
- Current device Pool

But it doesn’t go. I don’t understand why. Surely a bad configuration but where ? I don’t know…

If someone can give me a hand.

Thank for all…

casta

Can you tell me which version of Call Manager you have?
What are the model numbers for the conference bridges?

Does the conference "soft" button show up on the 7960? Have you tried the adhoc conference? If the button is there the procedure for an adhoc confence is to start out with an active call then press the button, you will hear dial tone, then dial another number, after the new call is answered you can complete the conference by pressing the button again. This will move all three participants to the configured conference bridge.

Here is the documentation on how to add a software conference bridge with Call Manager version 3.0(9):

-- cmdev

Thank you for your answer.

So I use Call Manager 3.1 . And I use have a 7935 conference bridge model. But I don’t use for the moment.

In fact, I tried to establish a Adhoc conference:

I have a “confrn” button on the 7960. Is it the good button?
I configure a conference bridge software.
I call a 7960 (N°1) from a 7940. I answer and on the 7940 I push on the button “Confrn” and I dial the directory number of a other 7960(N°2), I answer on it. On the 7960 (N°1) there is two choice: endcall or confrn. if you choose confrn, the 7960 (N°2) enterer in the conference. But when I select it, it’s reject.

I don’t understand the raisons.

I read the documentation for a meet-me conference:

I try to establish a Meet-me conference. I follow the “ procedure “of it. I configure a Meet-Me number. First, with a 7960, I push on the Meetme button and now I dial the Meet-me number. But it’s reject. When I dial a directories number of a other phone, it just call it. Which is the role of MeetMe number if I can’t dial it to establish my conference?

I understand the principle for Adhoc and MeetMe conference, but I am not able to make it function.

A other problem :

I try to use Mobility extension service. I subscribe users, I create for each a device profile and when I use “logon” , I sign me on a device and it says: “Please sign on” every time.

If you have an idea.

Thanks for all Casta

Hello cmdev

That's good for the conference bridge. Thanks you, it was a problem of device pool configuration.

Bye

It sounds like you got the conference features to work. That's great.

Unfortunately I don't have any direct experience with the Extension Mobility feature. If I run across anything I will let you know.
-- cmdev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back