Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conference bridge solution, recomendations are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slapin

MIS
Sep 26, 2006
US
I have been given a task to implement a conference bridge solution. It should be a system with 8 ports for now and scaling up to 64 ports. Prefered IP based, stable working with Mitel ICP 3300. So if anybody has any experience, please share your opinions.
Thanks

Quick Conference from Mitel SIP based and fairly inexpensive

You should be looking at the Mitel Audio and Web Conferencing Server. Formerely known as the Inter-Tel Audio and Web Conferencing Server.

The QuickConference will be discontinued shortly. The A & W Server is now supported on the 3300 ICP. QuickConference will not be officially be discontinued for a while, however it will be sold to VARs on a case-by-case bases and the A & W Server will be recommended unless there is something only the QuickConference server will do.

So what happens to people like myself where we just put in a mitel system less than a month ago and purchased quick conf. with the system, Any Ideas?

Ya, but there will be no improvements to the product and in a couple of years, there will be no support either.

Nothing really different from most other manufacturers or software developers when you think of it though ;-)

To Mitel Quick Conference is very old. The Quick Conference is really the old Mitel 3050 ICP (that is going way back to the 3100 days). I'm not even sure you can find anything on the Internet that has to do with the 3050 ICP?

With Mitel and Inter-Tel there was some major overlap, so it needed to be cleaned up. For the most part Mitel gear/software was not touched. This is the only item that Mitel has choosen to MD that was Mitel branded.

Thank you guys. Will start looking at A&W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back