Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditionally Printing NewPage after groups 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kab555

Programmer
Jan 18, 2002
US
Hi,
I have a report that has two groups, one for State and one for Agent. State is group #1 and Agent is Group #2.

I always want to print a new page after the Agent EXCPET when I am also at the end of the State Group. I would like to have the State Group Footer print with the Group Footer on the last Agent. Is this possible?

Kristie

In the New Page After formula place something like:

{table.state} = next({table.state})

Not sure what "have the state group footer print with the group footer on the last agent" means, is that to say that if it is the last agent for each state, print the state footer? And is this a seperate line, or?

The State Footer will always print after the last agent, so I'm somewhat confused.

-k

sorry for the confusion.

What is happening is that I have a new page printing after each Agent (and I want that), so when I've reached the end of all the agnets in a state, the state totals print on its' own page.

What I'm trying to avoid is having the state footer priniting on a new page. I would like the state footer on the same page as the last agent in that state.

Create a formula containing:

if {table.state} <> next({table.state}) then
{table.state}
else
&quot;&quot;

Place this alongside the text in the Agent Footer, replacing {table.state} with whatever you want displayed at the end of a State.

-k

Put the following formula in the &quot;Agent&quot; footer conditional &quot;New Page After&quot;

NextIsNull({Table.State)) or not ({Table.state}<> next({Table.State)))

Jim Broadbent

Thank you so much. This worked like a charm!

Kristie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back