Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditionally Formatting a Row Based on a Sibgle Cell's Contents 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin007

Technical User
Feb 9, 2004
GB
Morning

Just wondering if it is possible to conditionally format a rwo of cells based on one cell's contents. The cell in question would have validation set to pick from predefined list.

If user picks option "A" for example. Can I turn the entire row's BG color to red...?

Hoping you can help...

----------------------------
Cogito Ergo Sum [jester2]

Select the entire row and in the expression formula of the conditional formating use an absolute reference ($C) for the column to test.

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Thanks for the quick response PHV.

I went through the conditional formatting but there doesn't appear to be a rule to set the entire row. It looks in just one cell and formats that cell based on its own contents.

I'm wondering if VBA can help here...?

Cogito Ergo Sum [jester2]

Reread my previous post:
Before going in the conditional format menu select the entire row.
In condition-1 choose the formula is and use something like this as formula:
=$D3="A"
where D is the column of interest and 3 is the selected row.

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back