Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Wrap - CTI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dass2

Technical User
Apr 12, 2005
GB
Hi Guys,

We have a situation in the Contact Centre where people are now multi skilled and taking 2 types of calls. The problem is that a group that has been created only has one system configured wrap time which is set to 30 seconds. So the person may take a Sales call then have 30 seconds wrap which is great. Then the agent may take a Service Call and once again finish the call having only 30 seconds wrap which is no way near adequate to complete the notes...I am 99% sure their is no way to circumvent this using Aspect but think it could pss be done using some kind of CTI, i.e a bespoke application written in C etc which recognises the last call, maybe by DNIS and bases the wrap on this i.e 0080 set wrap to 30 seconds, 5529 set wrap to 2 minutes...Any help would be much appreciated.

Don't know for shure, but you might be on the right track... The fixed wrapup-time is defined by the agents clas of service. It is possible to assign a different COS to an agent using CTI. That was in times of the Application Bridge but as far as I understand the Contact Server API should offer the same features (and more). Have a look at the functions concerning outbound/dialer integration and inbound/outbound blending of agents.
But I think this change in class of service has to be done before(!) the call is signaled to the agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back