Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Suppression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtless

Programmer
Apr 16, 2010
CA
Afternoon;

Assume a table that has a left most field indicating a client identifier, as well as a product identifier, and a number sold field. (A record might indicate that client John bought 3 widgets.)

In a given month John might have bought 6 different profucts.

All those details summarize to a group (client) so that a report can indicate (on a single line) the total number of each product sold. (There is a column for each product.)

I want to modify a report so it deals only with a small subset of products. Therefore I want to suppress the detail line indicating records NOT in that subset.

How do I conditionally suppress those records. (ie suppress t his line if product identifier is not in 24,25.)

Thanks

D

You should remove the products in your record selection formula. Go to report->selection formula->record and enter:

{table.product} <> [24,25]

If instead you only suppressed the products, they would contribute to your summaries unless you expressly removed them in running totals or conditional formulas.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back