Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Suppress Page Header 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamartin

Programmer
Aug 10, 2001
US
I have a CR9 report that contains a Report Header (suppressed), Page Header a (not suppressed), Page Header b (conditionally suppressed), Group Headers 1, 2 & 3 (all three suppressed), Details a & b (not suppressed), Group Footers 3, 2 & 1 (1 & 2 are suppressed and 3 is conditionally suppressed), Report Footers a, b, c & d (all four have conditional suppress formulas). The problem is with the conditional suppress formula for Page Header b. Page Header b should only print for the detail pages. The four Report Footers are summary (subreports) reports and have different headers. The formula for Page Header b is "ONLASTRECORD". This works fine for almost all cases except: 1. If only one detail record is returned. 2. If there are multiple records returned, but the last record prints on a new page. In both of these cases, the contents of Page Header b are NOT printed. So, I get detail info, but no column headers. Any ideas on how I can get the header columns to print in these two cases?

Create two formulas:

//{@true}:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := true;

//{@false}:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag := false;

Place {@true} in the report header, and place {@false} in the details section AND in GF3. You can suppress both formulas.

Then in the section expert->details->suppress->x+2 enter:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag;
flag = true; //note no colon

-LB

1. Thanks for the prompt reply.

2. This works except that I get the page header info on the summary pages (report footers), too. How can I turn off Page Header b contents printing in the report footer sections?

Sorry, I meant for you to place {@true} in GF3, not {@false}.

-LB

This is what ended up working:

@True formula in the Report Header section.
@False formula in the Details a section.
@True formula in the Group Footer 3 section.

Page Header b Section Expert for Suppress contains:
whileprintingrecords;
booleanvar flag;
flag = true;

This differs from your post in that the Conditional Suppress is in the Page Header b section, not the Details section. BLUF, it works and I thank you.

Sorry again, I obviously meant page header_b, too! Just wasn't paying close enough attention.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back