Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

conditional running total acting as a select

Status
Not open for further replies.

sowens

Technical User
Mar 7, 2006
IE
I have a report (XI) with a conditional running total located in a group footer getting the maximum of a date if a field is x or y. The problem I am having is that now when I put the running total in, it is only selecting the records where there is x or y (acting like a select statment)any ideas anyone

Check your select statement and make sure you have not left in such a condition to test your report.

Take a look at the SQL statement and again make sure you are not restricting data set.

Look at the conditional suppression of your sections to make sure you are not hiding any data.

Look at the group select expert and make sure you are again not hiding non X and Y groups.

Ian

Try changing the join to the table that contains the x and y to a left join.

-LB

I've checked out the select statment and all is fine, I am using a left outer join not enforced on the tables so its not that either. Still searching...

Can you please show us a copy of the SQL query (database->show SQL query) and also explain the set up of the running total in detail (please refer to fields by using the convention {table.field})?

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back