Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Prompt Object

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattypan

Technical User
Aug 3, 2006
IT
I have a report with following object like filter:

1 prompt element : where I choose within a list of value of an attribute
1 prompt object: where i choose within a list of metric that I want to show in the report

When I run the report It's possible view metrics of the prompt object based on the choice I make for prompt element?

Example: I have prompt element that show list of customers and a prompt object that show list of all metrics available in the project. If customer A have only some metrics (es. metric1 and metric2) and customers B have other metrics (metric3 and metric4) it's possible that if i run the report and i choose customer A then when i have to choose metrics to display in the report i see only metric1 and metric2?????

Sorry for my english!!! :)
and thank you for your answers!!!

Certainly a good enhancement request to link elements with objects. If this is serving your customer then you can create groups and leverage object group security ACL. Otherwise, You may have to build a bunch of metric prompts name them customer A, customer B, so you can manually choose the right ones... Ya this is a good ER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back