Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Printing using Crystal Reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pungy

Instructor
Aug 5, 2007
US

Crystal Reports XI - Developers Edition

I have a report that uses 2 MS Access Tables. They are:
PartStatus
dbPartNumber text 30
dbPartDescription text 50
dbIsThisNonInv text 1

InventoryNotes
dbPartNumber text 30
dbPartNotes text 250

In the Detail section I have a Record formula that states: {PartStatus.dbIsThisNonInv}="N" (This is working)

I am trying to print a list of all Parts(dbPartNumber) and there Descriptions(dbPartDescription) and dbPartNotes if there are any.

What's happening is ONLY those Parts that have dbPartNotes are printing.

In my test data, there are approximately 500 parts that are in the PartStatus Table where dbIsThisNonInv="N". In the InventoryNotes table, I have 3 Parts that have dbPartNotes. My output report should be a list of 500 Parts where 3 of them have notes. WHAT I AM GETTING is only the 3 Parts that have Notes.

In Crystal Reports, Under the "Database Expert" menu item, I have linked the PartStatus table and the InventoryNotes table via dbPartNumber..

Can you help me and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,
Sam

You are in the wrong forum, there are several crystal reports forums where this could/should be posted. This is the crystal enterprise forum.

However, if you link PartStatus to InventoryNotes on dbPartNumber using a LEFT OUTER JOIN, you should be fine.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was in the wrong forum. Can I change it?

Thanks for the tip.
Sam

Thank you. Your solution using the "Left Outer join" resolved the problem.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back