Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conditional Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMHill

Programmer
Jul 1, 2002
GB
Hi All

Is simple conditional formatting possible in BO? Can I do it through VBA?

In essence, I have:

Question Ans 1 Ans 2 Ans 3 Ans 4 Ans 5 Average
xxx xxxx? 3 4 4 3 1 3

I want any answers which deviate by more than 1 from the average to show up in bold. So in the above example, Ans 5 would be bold and the others would not.

Many thanks for any help/advice offered

Tom

Hello Tom,

The non-VBA method of conditional formatting in BO is a bit of a work-around. The idea is to create a checking variable which checks whether a proposed condition is true or not. If you then set an alerter to work on this check-variable you can choose different styles of formatting for the different cases. As more people have pointed out there is a good example of such an approach (called alternate row-shading ) on the corporate site of BO ( and on (the library section) T. Blom
Information analist
Shimano Europe
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Thanks T.Blom,

The links led me to some pretty cool stuff, but the alerter thing isn't powerful enough to compare the results of calculations to the results of other calculations (or I'm doing something wrong).

I think this might need VBA, but I'm a total newbie to VBA in BO. (I'm perfectly competant in Excel, Access or with just straightforward VB, though) I don't know anything about the objects available, or how to communicate with them.

For example - if I wanted to reference a particular table, how would I do that?

Any help again appreciated, as always
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back